Study in UK

Real UK

 Study in the UK

In the UK
The main start date for UK courses is September, however, many universities offer courses in January and February too.

What is the General Entry Criteria for UK Universities?

- For Undergraduate (UG) courses:
  HSSC /A-Levels or equivalent and IELTS from 6.0 to 6.5 or equivalent

- For Postgraduate PG courses:
  Recognised 3/4 year Degree course and IELTS from 6.5 to 7.0 or equivalent

Certain programmes have special requirements. For example, some universities require that applicants for the MBA programmes must have two to three years full time management work experience after graduation at an appropriate level; and those for architecture need to submit a portfolio of their work.

An International Foundation (Advanced) or Pre Master programmes are available to graduates who have IELTS of 4.5 and who wish to prepare themselves for postgraduate study.

To join courses at our partner universities you will need to meet both academic and English language entry requirements before you start the programme. However You NEED NOT wait until you satisfy all the entry requirements before you apply to study. You can apply and get a Conditional offer. 

Please note that this information is just a general guideline for entry to the UK course.  Entry criteria may vary from institution to institution.  For any specific courses and institutions please contact us. 
Top of page

Why do I need an English qualification?

We do not want our students to fail their courses because of language difficulties. If your native language is not English you will have to pass a test in English approved by our partner universities and colleges before you can be admitted onto any of the courses.

The following qualifications are acceptable as satisfying this requirement. Both are available internationally: The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and The International English Language Testing Service Test (IELTS) administered by the British Council.

Tuition Fees /Credit Transfer
For information about tuition fees and credit transfers please contact us

Are there any Scholarships available?

Some of our partner colleges and universities offer scholarships. Details are available on request.
Top of page

What is the cost of Studying in the UK?

Before you come to the UK, you should make sure that you have enough money to cover your living expense as well as your fees. We do not want students to get into difficulties because they have not realised how much money they needed. To help you, we estimate the amount of money which an international student coming to the UK will need. Up to date figures will be sent to you if you are made an offer of a place. As a guide, however, you should expect to need a total of about £5000 - £6000 to meet all your expenses (not including your fees) for one academic year. This covers accommodation, food, books, local travel and other basic expenses.
Top of page

Can I do work in the UK?

International Students are allowed to work 20 hours during term time and full time during holidays.
Top of page

Do I need visa to study in UK? (Immigration)

To enter the UK as a student, you will need a letter of acceptance from your relevant college or university, a current passport and evidence of financial support for the entire course of study. You will probably need a student visa or a home office letter of consent. However, if you need any further assistance please contact us.
Top of page


A choice of accommodation is available

Our partner universities and colleges provide the following choices of accommodation to the International students

  1. Halls of Residence
  2. Host Family Accommodation
  3. Private Accommodation

Your accommodation choices are designed to give you the maximum opportunity to interact with native speakers and learn more about local culture.

Halls of residence

Halls of Residence

Halls of Residence

Living with other students is often one of the most rewarding aspects of studying abroad: the friendships you make and the experiences you encounter remain with you for life. It's also the best way to practice your English and pick up current vocabulary.

For full details please contact us.

Halls of residence

Host family

Host Family Accommodation

Some of the UK institutions work with a network of carefully selected local families who provide accommodation to international students in their family homes. Students choosing to live with a host family are given the opportunity to experience British family life.

For full details please contact us.

Private Accommodation

Private Accommodation

Private Accommodation

You can also choose to live in a privately rented house or apartment. However, it is recommended to stay at the Halls of Residence accommodation in the first year of your studies.
Top of page

Health Service in The UK

Whilst in Britain on a full time course, any medical consultation or treatment which you may require under the NHS will be provided free of charge you will only have to pay a standard charge (at the same rate as British Nationals) for medicines prescribed by a doctor for the treatment of minor illnesses and for eye and dental treatment.
Top of page

Support in The UK

And once you are in the UK if you need further assistance from e2 you can contact our Head office in the UK.